Click here for printable employment application.
WE VALUE POSITIVE ATTITUDES, CUSTOMER CARE AND INTEGRITY ABOVE ALL ELSE
Martin Oil Company and Martin General Stores take pride in hiring courteous and hardworking team members. A list of Martin General Store team members follows. Maybe one is for you!
- Store Associate (Full and Part-Time) - The person who makes it happen in Martin General Stores. Associates don't just make sales--they can make a customer's day. If you like people, a fast pace, and doing a variety of things-- If you're a natural at smiling, making great food, working with registers, keeping things clean, multi-tasking, and learning -- this could be the place.
- Key Associates - Full-time Associates who go above and beyond in dedication and skills, and take on more store responsibilities.
- Shift Leader - Oversees the operation of the shift. Knowledge, skills, dependability, dedication to getting it done, ability to lead a team are required. An hourly position, open to experienced candidates. Typically Full-Time, some Part-Time positions are available for those who are qualified but can't work full-time.
- District Key - Answers the need for experience, skill and leadership on the sales floor at several stores. Requires exceptional capabilities, attitude and flexibility. A full-time position requiring extensive background.
- Deli Coordinator - Oversees each store's foodservice operation. Responsible for ordering, training, quality and profitability. Foodservice skills, leadership, and a love of doing food right are required. A full-time, hourly position, open to qualified candidates with very strong food service background.
- Assistant Manager - Critical to the management team. Makes sure all of the staff are trained and ready to roll. Handles many management responsibilities. Customer service, leadership, operations knowledge and computer skills are required. A full-time, hourly position, open to qualified candidates with experience.
- Apprentice Manager - The entry into Store Management, for those with a management background or education.
- Store Manager - Captains the ship. Responsible for customer service, sales, daily accounting, inventory control, scheduling. And profitability. And making sure all of the staff are on board. It's a demanding, full time position. Leadership, accounting, and problem solving abilities required. It's open to experienced convenience store managers. Salary, commensurate with experience and assignment.
Martin Oil Company employs professional CDL drivers to deliver petroleum products to residential and commercial customers, and Martin General Stores. Positions are periodically available in sales, office, accounting, and property maintenance.
Martin Oil Company offers its employees and extensive benefits package. This is a brief summary. Refer to our HR policies for complete descriptions and eligibility requirements.
- Flexibility We try to work with your situation whenever possible.
- Positive Workplace Respect for coworkers and customers is a big part of our program.
- Competitive Wage Associates start at $9.00 per hour. (Legal Minumum wage is $7.25.)
- Meal Discount for employees while on duty. A very valuable benefit.
- Paid Time Off All Associates receive PTO that's the same as their average work week in prior year. Other positions- PTO is based on years of service.
- Heating Oil Discount for all employees
- College Tuition Reimbursement opportunities---$500 to $750 per semester, depending on hours. Continuing Education is supported for all.
- 401K Plan with company contribution.
- Holiday Incentive or Paid Holidays for all employees, based on level
- Uniforms provided, based on position
- Rewards Card Freebies for all employees
- Health Insurance All employees who average 30 hours per week are eligible for medical, vision and prescription benefits--most cost paid by company. Dental and other benefits can be purchased.
- Disability Insurance and Life Insurance paid 100% by company for full-time employees
Martin General Stores is a division of Martin Oil Company. An Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug Free Workplace.